Several members were attending the Soil and Water Conservation Districts Regional Meeting in Hamilton.
Johnna Franks, Treasurer, text messaged that the balance in the treasury was $13,769.54.
- John Creed gave an update on Al Tucker, retired U. S. Forest Service employee, who has been undergoing treatment for a serious condition. John said that Al's treatments have been successful and he's improving.
- Rock Creek Watershed Management Meeting will be held on August 15, at 6 p.m., in Addison, at the Traders and Farmers Bank.
- Report on Planting Wildlife Food Plots Program
- Invasive Plant Control Program will be held from 9 a.m to noon on September 4, at Rocky Ravine Park in Haleyville.
- Recreational Fish Pond Management Program will be held from 9 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, September 18, at Jeanie Lake in Double Springs.
- Management of Feral Swine in Winston County workshop will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, October 3, at the Double Springs Municipal Building.
- A Pasture Walk and Rotational Grazing Demonstration will be on Saturday, September 21, from 9 a.m. to noon at Lake Country Farm in Arley.
- Allison reported on the Herbicide Workshop that was held at the Moreland Community Center recently. The program featured several experts on herbicides and their environmental effects. A field tour to a herbicide demonstration area in the Collier watershed was part of the tour.
- Next Liaison meeting will be held at 6 p.m., on August 29, in Double Springs at the Traders and Farmers Bank. This meeting will feature a presentation by Shannon Holdbrooks, U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, about "at risk" species.
- I gave a presentation to an inservice training for various agencies about the Winston County Natural Resources Council. Several other counties are attempting to form natural resources councils.
- Discussion of the Alabama Natural Resources Council's mission statement, and possible WCNRC mission statement.
- PLM's and CFE's for council meetings
- Winston County TREASURE Forest Association status
- Allison reported on a pollinator workshop that she attended in Cullman that was sponsored by the Xerces Society and NRCS.
- Ernie Stephens, Conservation Enforcement Officer, will be speaking at a Hunters Seminar being sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Winston County. The program and BBQ meal is $10 per person and will be held on Saturday, August 24, at the Winston County High School Cafeteria at 6 p.m. Tickets are available Traders and Farmers Bank in Haleyville and Double Springs, and the First National Bank in Double Springs.