Meeting Date 3/21/2019. Members in attendance: Mike Henshaw, Vice Chair, Kerri Roberts, Secretary, Andy Baril, Jeremy McDonald, Jimmy Madison
* Mike reported there is a storm spotter class tonight, March 21, in Moulton.
* Jimmy announced the Smith Lake clean up will be at Clear Creek on April 10-11. Mike added they are still looking for more boats to help.
* Mike reminded us the Fishing Derby is June 1. We want Lawrence County Natural Resources Council to be sure to attend. Kerri said she would let Donna Shanklin know the date.
* Mike said the RAC committee will be meeting in Montgomery on April 30. He will be attending.
* The Landowner Field Day was briefly discussed. Mike will still coordinate with Bill Self to set up a pre-trip visit. He wants Allison to be sure she can attend. Jimmy said the Natural Bridge Meeting room should be a good location for the indoor portion.
* Jeremy announced the FFA Forestry competition will be on April 11 at Rabbit Town. The council approved to fund up to $400 for awards, equipment, travel or food for the event. This amount was more than previous years but Kerri had noted that the 4-H Shotgun Team would not be requesting money from the council this year because they had received Firewise funds.
* Jeremy added the Junior Ranger program at Payne Demo will be May 7 with rain date of May 8. The council approved to pay up to $150 for port o potties for the event.
* Kerri brought up discussion about Kevin England, a teacher at WCHS. He had contacted Allison and requested support for an Envirothon team to attend the state competition. The original number we heard needed was $730. Kerri contacted Kevin to get details prior to this meeting. He said the actual number was more like $950 and since he hadn’t received any funding support from any organization, they were not going to attend this year. The council decided the Envirothon team would be a worthy recipient of support and that they would support a team with up to $500 for 2020 if they decide to go next year. Kerri will let Kevin know that news.
* Meeting adjourned. Next meeting April 18.