The Winston County Natural Resources Council met on Thursday, July 19, at the U. S. Forest Service Office in Double Springs. Present were Jimmy Madison, Mike Henshaw, John Creed, Tim Malone, and Jeremy McDonald. Johnna Franks, Treasurer, emailed the balance of the treasury which was $9,058.48. The following items were discussed:
- Jimmy gave a report on possible severe weather that could impact the area over next couple of days.
- The Winston County 4-H Wildlife Habitat Evaluation Team placed first in the State competition and will attend the National competition in Maine later this month. The council approved up to $500 to support the team as needed. The team also has support from the State 4-H Foundation and the State 4-H Staff.
- Jeremy gave a report on the Forestry Judging activities both with FFA and 4-H.
- Reviewed a flyer for a Forestry Equipment Operator Training to be held in Double Springs starting in August.
- Tim Malone gave an update on the FSA Elections, the Farm Bill, and the Outreach meeting to be held at 10 a.m. after the council meeting.
- Briefly discussed the upcoming FAWN program to be held this fall.
Vice Chair, WCNRC