|Allison holds law enforcement pup.|
Johnna reported that the balance in the treasury is $16,683.01.
The following items were discussed:
- PLM Points for loggers. Local logger needs six PLM points.
- Payne Creek Demo Area group to host Jr. Ranger Program, council allocated up to $100 for transportation costs or portable toilets for the event.
- Rock Creek Watershed Grant activities: LaVerne said that Winston County Smith Lake Advocacy would host a public meeting at 7:00 p.m. on April 19, 2013, at the Arley Traders and Farmers Bank. There will be reports on the Rock Creek Watershed and about new Alabama Power regulations about placing "rip rap" on the shoreline of Smith Lake. There will also be a program at Meek High School on Rock Creek.
- Allison said that there Forest Service was conducting several prescribed burns on the Bankhead. She also mentioned a partnership with International Paper to conduct longleaf pine and shortleaf pine restoration. She also said that Sonny St. John is the newly hired Law Enforcement Office for the Bankhead National Forest. She noted that he has a wide range of skills in law enforcement and wilderness rescue, and that he will be a valuable addition to the community.
- Tim Malone and Wade Hill gave an update on the CRP program signup for planting pines from May 20 until June 14, 2013. They also gave an update on the farm bill extension.
- Andy Baril, Regional Extension Agent, introduced Spencer Bradley, Regional Extension Agent for the Northeast Alabama.
- Chris gave a short report on the Winston County Tree Give-Away program in Haleyville.
|Jamey Bozeman explains camera operation.|
|Camera is easily hidden in trees or other objects.|