|EMA Director, James Burnett, describes function of EOC.|
James Burnett gave the WCNRC a tour of the EOC. The EOC will be a site where all government officials can gather during an emergency. The EOC is operational, and ready to be used, if needed. Further improvements are planned when resources become available. Computer improvements, a projector, emergency generator, are just some of the improvements that are needed when funding becomes available. The EOC also has sleeping quarters, a full kitchen, and showers in case operations must be conducted around the clock. Tim Webb, Winston County 911 Director, mentioned some of the capabilities of 911 that could be used at the EOC. He also gave an overview of planned improvements to the 911 system.
Other busisness included:
- Yellow Dot Program
- FAWN Program Planning
- Rural Secure Schools Grants Applications to the Winston County Commission
- Friends of Clear Creek, Alabama Waterwatch, Water monitor training
- Junior Ranger Program
- Introduction of Tripp Gaskins-District Silviculturalist on the Bankhead National Forest
- Andy Baril mentioned West Alabama Birding Trail, Walker PLM Training on Oct. 25, Feral Hog Class-Gardendale on Oct. 4, PLM Class Pickensville-Oct 5, American Chestnut Seminar in Jasper-Oct. 17, North Region Forestry Tour-Oct 18, in Blountsville, GPS 101-Jasper, on Oct. 30.
- Hunter Education Training on October 22, 23, and 25, at District Headquarters, Bankhead National Forest.
- Slough Clean-Up, Rock Creek, October 5-6, for more information contact LaVerne Matheson.
Mike Henshaw, Secretary