- Successful Kid's Fishing Derby held on June 7th.
- Rain Barrel Program in Haleyville
- Junior Ranger Program at Payne Demo Area - Jeremy said 114 attended.
- County FFA Forestry Judging held at Payne Demonstration Area
- Invasive plant spraying program continues - Jeremy
- Possible educational programs to provide PLM credits. Topics such as markets, forest economics, BMP's, carbon credits, and the TREASURE Forest Program are possibilities for program topics. Loggers have until end of December to get PLM points. WCNRC tentatively planning a PLM program at the end of October for area loggers and landowners.
- FAWN program possible relocation to Corinth Recreation Area.
- Shortleaf Initiative, NRCS
- Signs on Smith Lake to be posted to educate about fines for littering - LaVerne.
- Alabama Power Lake survey reveals that there is 580 miles of shoreline on Smith Lake.
- John Ledbetter with Alabama Power has retired - LaVerne.
- Hatchet Creek Festival - Andy
- Failing Septic Tank Issues - LaVerne
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Minutes of June Council Meeting
The WCNRC met at the U. S. Forest Service Office on June 19, 2014. Present at the meeting were Carl Godsey, LaVerne Matheson, Mike Henshaw, Chris Wright, Andy Baril, Byron Tuggle, and Jeremy McDonald. The following items were discussed:
Posted by Mike at 9:12 AM