The following items were discussed:
|Junior Ranger Program at Payne Creek|
- Recent meetings about feral hogs: Bankhead Liaison Panel feral hog committee, and feral hog working group meeting. Andy reported on trapping efforts in Gardendale, where the Parks and Rec department traps hogs to prevent damage to local residential landscapes and the golf course.
- Hamner Park in Arley-there have been many recent improvements to the park by the city of Arley and Arley Women's Committee. Andy and Mike have been involved in efforts to improve the park.
- James reported on storm damage in Winston County. Damage was light compared to other counties in the state. There were some trees down and some scattered power outages in the county.
- The Council helped sponsor the Junior Ranger Program that was held at the Payne Creek Demonstration Area. Some photos of the event are at this link.
- James also reported on the recent reorganization of the Department of Homeland Security into the State of Alabama Law Enforcement Agency.