|Sougahoagdee Falls the Bankhead National Forest|
- White Nose Syndrome found in the Russell Cave National Monument.
- Raptor Experience Program will be held at the Double Springs Library on June 19th.
- Small Ruminant Outreach Meeting will be held on March 20th in Double Springs at the Bernice Hilton Walker Building.
- Alabama Conservation Officers Association pledges $1,000 toward support of the FAWN Program.
- Arbor Week Tree Give-Away discussion. Over 60 people attended and almost all trees were given out. Left over seedlings were sent to Haleyville for Arbor Week activities. The most popular trees were crepe myrtle, oakleaf hydrangea, and sawtooth oak.
- Political signs on Rights-of-way.
- SmartYards Program planned for May 5, at the Arley Traders and Farmers Bank from 1:00 to 4:00. Co-sponsored by the Extension System and WCSLAI.
- Winston County Smith Lake Advocacy Incorporated and the Bankhead National Forest have been awarded the USDA's Rise to the Future Award. This national award is to recognize accomplishments achieved through partnership and cooperation. The award presentation will be held in Washington D. C. at the National Archives. LaVerne and Cordie Matheson and Allison Cochran will be attending to accept the award.
- Allison mentioned that Jeremy McDonald and his wife Destry are the proud parents of twins.
- Results of the Hog Hunt on the Black Warrior Wildlife Management Area.
- Lawrence County High School's project to control feral hogs. Their project was chosen as a finalist in the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Program: https://pages.samsung.com/us/sft/video/index.jsp
- Travis reported on a water sampling project in the Bankhead National Forest.
- LaVerne announced several meetings being planned by WCSLAI. There will be a public meeting on April 13, at 7:00 p.m., at the Arley Traders and Farmers Bank. They are also sponsoring two Water Safety Programs with the Marine Police from 10 a.m to Noon. One will be at Duncan Bridge Marina on Saturday, May 5, and the other will be held at the Church By The Lake near Rock Creek Marina on Saturday, May 12. Both sites are accessible by road and by water.
Mike Henshaw, Secretary