James Burnett, LaVerne Matheson, Allison Cochran, Mike Henshaw, Tom Counts, Carl Godsey, Lorenzo Walton, Jim Hughes, Kerry Clark, Chris Wright, Elrand Denson, and Stephanie Love.
Chris Wright, Chairman, conducted the meeting. The Council discussed the following topics:
- Rock Creek Watershed Management Grant-LaVerne Matheson, WCSLAI.
- Alabama Water Watch Volunteer Testing Classes in Winston County, Mike Henshaw, ACES.
- Land Slide in Smith Lake-LaVerne Matheson.
- Certificate of Appreciation to the WCNRC from the Bankhead National Forest for assistance with the Youth Fishing Derby-Allison Cochran, USFS
- Youth Fishing Derby Grant and FAWN Grant-James Burnett, Winston County Emergency Management.
- Status of Payment in Lieu of Taxes Funds for Winston County Commission-Elrand Denson, USFS.
- Invasive species control demonstration proposal-Tom Counts, Conservation Services of Alabama.
- Public Meetings about Protecting Streams by the Federal Office of Surface Mining-LaVerne Matheson.
- Rush Darter Proposed Listing by the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Allison Cochran, USFS.
- July 29, 2010, will be the next Liaison Panel Meeting, and it will be held in Moulton-Allison Cochran, USFS.
- August 21, 2010, Hunter Education Field Day at the U. S. Forest Service Office from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m. Participants must have taken the Online Training before attending Field Day-Allison Cochran, USFS.
- New Prescribed Fire Incentive Program-Chris Wright, AFC. Targets small landowners that need 10 to 80 acres treated. Cannot own over 250 acres. Provides $20 per acre for prescribed burn assistance and $0.15 per foot for fire lines. Can also apply for up to five acres of mulching.
- Arson Investigation Class is currently being given to Volunteer Fire Departments in Winston County. Training will focus on preserving evidence in arson cases. This training could lead to more successful prosecution of arsonists responsible for fires that destroy homes and forest resources-James Burnett, Winston County Emergency Management.
- Budget Cuts at the Alabama Forestry Commission-Chris Wright, AFC. Over 60 employees will be laid off. In North Alabama, the Lawrence County and Marshall County Offices will close. Wildfires will be covered by adjoining county AFC offices.
- July 13, 2010, Liaison Panel Meeting Report-Elrand Denson, USFS.
- Smith Lake Clean-Up Report-Allison Cochran and LaVerne Matheson. Over 15 Tons of old Styrofoam and other debris was removed from the lake during the cleanup.