The Winston County Natural Resources Council met on February 16, 2017, at the U. S. Forest Service Office. Present were Mike Henshaw, Allison Cochran, Andy Scott, James Burnett, Andy Baril, and Kerri Roberts. The following items were discussed:
- Tree Sale to be held on Wednesday, February 22
- Balance according to Johnna is $7,576.89
- Travel plans to attend the Alabama Natural Resources Landowner Symposium and Awards Banquet.
- Approved purchase of Firewise Banner for events.
- Approved $200 to support a Firewise Event at the 4-H County Round-Up at the Municipal Building in May.
- Pruning Workshop on February 23
- Possible boat ramp projects in the county.
- Discussion of State Lands near Houston to be transferred to the Winston County Board of Education.
- Bankhead Liaison Panel Meeting in Moulton on Thursday, March 2, at 6 p.m., at Recreation Center.
- Andy Scott is serving as interim District Ranger until March 3, possibly longer.
- 15,000 acres of prescribed burning planned on Bankhead National Forest.
- Safety issues and rules of the road concerning bicycles on Forest Service Roads.