- The council approved $200 to support the Winston County 4-H Habitat Evaluation Team that attended the state competition in Auburn in June. The junior team, consisting of four youth, placed second in the competition.
- Dave Casey, District Ranger, made a presentation about the Resource Allocation Committe (RAC) that is forming to allow counties in Alabama to take advantage of Title II funds from the Forest Service. Winston County is one of three counties that have requested title II funds, and the state must have a RAC to allocate those funds. The council discussed several individuals that might be recruited to serve on the RAC to represent Winston County.
- John Creed gave a history of funds that have come from the Forest Service to counties in the past.
- Allison said that the FAWN program could still be held at the Houston Recreation Area this year. The restrooms and other facilities are in working order.
- The next liaison panel meeting will probably be held in October. A date for the meeting is still pending.
- LaVerne said that the next Alabama Water Management Meeting would be held in August. He also reported on efforts to monitor water quality on Smith Lake.