- Overview basic Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Review various GPS systems and the management options and uses they can provide landowners, WaterWatch volunteers, etc.
- Overview of free or inexpensive software that can be used with the GPS to develop maps.
- Hands-on training with Garmin GPS units.
- Hands-on training with low-cost GIS software.
- Quick review of Google maps, Google Earth, and Picasa.
Participants that live in, work in, or assist residents in the Rock Creek Watershed can request a scholarship that will cover the $30 registration fee. This scholarship is being offered by the Alabama Water Watch Program in support of the Rock Creek Watershed Management Project.